Billing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JMG Services, Apr 29, 2012.

1. JMG Services

JMG Services LawnSite Member

Just curious as to how you bill your customers and how often you do it. Whats the most efficient way?

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Mail the invoices out at the first of the month and they mail me a check back.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. LawnMastersTN

LawnMastersTN LawnSite Senior Member

I do different types of billing depending on the customer. All commercial accounts get a bill once a month, houses either get bill left in mailbox every service of get billed once a month also. depends on it they have a contract or not. everyone does it different

4. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

All my clients are e-mailed a statement at the first of the month through quickbooks and they mail their payments in, just like any other business.

5. chs1993

chs1993 LawnSite Member

quickbooks, email or paper statements. checks or credit cards. One time customers are invoiced asap and contract customers first day of every month

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Quickbooks, and E-mail most. Residentials like to use the CC which does get costly but if it helps them I am happy.

7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Our office manager mails out invoices on the last day of the month, you have untill the 10th for the payment to be in MY office or I charge 3% interest, after 30 days, we send out a registered letter, after 60 days we file.......

8. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Not allowing much time for the postal workers to do their thing

9. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

We leave monthly statements for the previous month on their door with the first cutting of the new month. However we are slowly converting our clientele over to billing through their e-mail (much easier this way). Of course you will never get everyone to agree to billing through e-mail.

10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

We dont travel very far to cut grass. and I bed most others dont too
    EVERY MONTH. I have 3 customers that there payment is in MY have 3 days after the invoices hit the mail box. <------ NOTICE the PERIOD....

It's a shame only utility companys can charge there % and we CANT. Becasue I dammed sure would