Billing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LoneStarLawn, Sep 20, 2000.

1. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone still recieve checks under the mat from customers....We bill most of our customers but some insist on leaving a check under the mat.

2. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I bill about 95% of My customers, the other 5% are either relatives or friends of the family.

3. script

script LawnSite Member

A good percentage of my customers like to leave it under the mat or in a specific place each cutting rather than being billed. I like it that way myself, no mailing, no contact, no delay. Do the job pick up the check and move on.

Bobby

4. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

I wish we could get it that way. NO hassle with billing and wondering if you'll get paid.

Mike
    Greenkeepers

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Most of my billing is done by the mail. I still have a handful of customers that leave a self-addressed envelope on their door. Then they mail me the payment.

6. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have a couple of customers that do that too, I love it!!!
    SJR

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Man, I got people running out into the yard with cash in hand, chasing me down in my truck, and even coming over to the house saying. "Oh, Joe, we weren't home when you came, so here you go!" I always have to tell them jokingly, "Don't worry, your credit is good with me." I find that it is the black folks I work for that are the most concerned about paying. They always say things like "Well, we wanna make sure that you come back!" I guess I am blessed.

8. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We had one account that used to leave it under the mat...but when she found out about our billing she got kind of lazy and decided that we bill her...and she has been late once...

9. BUSHMASTER

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

Once a month in the mail 90% paid by the 10th other other 10% by the 18th.If i cannot trust my customers to pay me i won't deal with them.

10. Doug406

Doug406 LawnSite Member

I bill on policy. I do not like the few customers we have that demand to pay when we cut. It takes more time than entering a date in the computer. Sometimes they like to talk etc, and although there is a time for customer relations, these same handfull of people are sucking it all up!