1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BMFD92, Aug 9, 2004.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I was just wondering when do you guys send out your bills. I usually send them out the second week of the month. Should I send them out sooner or is my regular scheduled time ok?
  2. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

so, hows that schedule working out for ya?? I mean if you are OK with it then what the heck, stick to it.

or, maybe bill half your customers on the second week and the other half on the fourth week, this might help if you have cash flow problems. If cash flow is a problem then why not divide your customers into quarters. this way every week you will have bills out in the mail giving you a more steady flow of $$$$
  3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I send out all my invoices on the 1st of every month. I give them until the 20th of the month to send me money. If I don't receive money by the 20th a letter is sent out and services are paused.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I send bills out on the 1st of the month for all work done the previous month. Most of the money comes in between the 5th and 20th. I don't sweat it too much if a few people are late, the couple that I have had a problem with I switched to a pre-pay system.
  5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi TSM,

That is a great suggestion to improve cash flow.