Bills peanuts

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by treegal1, Jul 23, 2008.

1. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

So today we got a package from bill, and opened it. I had what looked like Styrofoam peanuts, I gasp and almost cried, one tear hit the peanuts and it melted??? eh whats this ??? so off to the sink and the melt in water..... wow that's cool, so I looked on the web and seen that its soy or corn or some thing........ to the worm beds ( don't worry we are not going to kill any) the little guys loved them ate almost all of them in 3 hours.

any ways thanks Bill, I owe ya a hug!!! that's the best thing I have seen so far!! thanks again!!!

2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Made from sorghum, melts in your mouth not in your hands

Mylex is the company, they actually sell franchises and will ship you the raw materials and finance the infrastructure

3. treegal1

well thanks and the worms say thanks also.....

talk about a shift in industry, thats the kind of thinking we need more of!!!!

4. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess I'll also be getting some free worm food from Bill with my tea order. Thanks buddy! I sprinkled the last couple batches from other businesses into the lawn. Didn't cross my mind to feed them to the worms. Thanks treegal.

5. treegal1

the dog liked em also, they stick to the roof of her mouth. ROFL:laugh::laugh::laugh:

6. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

bill how does it compare in price?

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

nice work bill

8. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

They are actually very close in price, it is just local availability, they are shipped to our local supplier which is a bummer. No plant around here, there are several out where they grow sorghum. But you can have the raw materials shipped in by railcar

9. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Bill,
    Great job. You should mention this on your website & include a slip of recycled paper in the box explaining this to whomever opens the box.

I take all my Styrofoam peanuts to UPS for recycling. They will gladly accept all packaging material for recycling.
    Now yours will go in the compost pile.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

10. treegal1

naw the dog likes em and she is fat as can be.LOLOL