Billy goat 33 vs Cub Caddett 33 Vs Exmark 32

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mowerdude777, Nov 18, 2009.

1. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Well my dealer sells all three and has a lot of billy goats left that are new, I am finally demoting my Ferris to a spare next year, after two engines and 20 years of hard abuse with 3 commericail owners it is time to retire this beast.

There are pros and cons to all IMO

Exmark - I currently have one exmark and love the mower.

Pros Stripes great, Takes abuse, Has never given me any big problems, and is powered by a KAWASAKI:)

Cons- Cost

Billy Goat - I have never owned a billy goat mower before but l think that there vacs seem great,it is much more affordable then exmark:) and it had a cup holder:):laugh:

Cons - Discontinued so harder to get parts, only 10.5 hp Briggs and the gas tank is way to small IMO.

Cub Cadet- I have never owned a cubcadetbut have herd good and bad things about them, the dealer says it would be fine for me since I have not that many accounts.

Pros- Affordable and light weight

Cons - Small front tires, Smaller engine 10 hp Briggs

I currently have 5 regular accounts that I need a 32 for and 3 part timers

Sorry for the long thread -Ryan-

2. anti-flag39

anti-flag39 LawnSite Member

Do you plan on keeping 10 accounts? Dont buy the bg based on not getting any parts for it. All honesty, buy the better quality now. It might cost a little bit extra now but 15yr from now you'll be so far ahead it wont be funny.

3. mowerdude777

No I am exmanding in to more neighborhoods and mostlikely will have around 15 next yaer

4. mowerdude777

bump BUMP bump

5. Cuttinitclose

Cuttinitclose LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't do the BG because it is discontinued and there is a reason for that. The Cub Cadet is homeowner grade isn't it? Besides that is a motor I personaly wouldn't choose since it is only a 10hp. The exmark is a good choice. Have you looked a slightly used one. I would also consider toro, and deere because of the decks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. mowerdude777

I like exmarks but i dont really have many gated yards to mow, I agree about the cub having a small engine. If I get another exmark I will mostlikely get it used, my dealer sells only deere riders and ztrs no Walk Behinds same with toro

7. Cuttinitclose

Cuttinitclose LawnSite Bronze Member

They can usually order them(new) or look around(used) if the want the business.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. mowerdude777

Thats true I know they had a used deere and scag wb earlier this year

9. rvpkanapsky

rvpkanapsky LawnSite Member

I'm a big fan of the exmark

10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I would go for the Exmark. I have the Exmark Metro 32" and it's a great machine.