Billy Goat 33inch mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kingbman1, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

2. Kingbman1

3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

4. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

The Billy Goat is homeowner quality....very light weight handles etc.

Look at the Bradley mowers instead..much heavier built

www.bradleymowers.com

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I didn't know Billy Goat made homeowner quality equipment, looks to be a commercial mower to me. Looks like those Bradly mowers must be purchased through distributor only? I've never seen anyone use a Bradly.

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I've seen those Billy Goats on eBay for about $1500. I looked at these at a recent show, and I thought they looked pretty decent for the right use. In other words, I wouldn't use one as a main mower, but for very small properties and small gated backyards it looks like it would be a decent choice.
    Of course, that's assuming it cuts good!.

I have a few lawns where I can't even get my 36" mower through the gate, so a 33" would fit nicely.

One thing I liked about these was the very small footprint. They are really compact, much shorter then a traditional WB. Which would be good in a compact yard, plus it would take up less trailer space.

If I was in the market for a mower under 36", the Billy Goat would be on my list of options to demo.

7. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

I purchased a Contour last year for certain properties and its taken the place of the other push mower I had. The contour is heavy in certain situations but have never had a problem with it mechanically.

8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Both these designs look interesting for occasional use. They're not beefy full size mowers, but then they're not supposed to be. I like the idea of being able to squeeze one on the back where a bigger mower wouldn't fit. And not having to invest $2500 in a rarely used mower is nice too. But as always, the devil is in the details, so they'd have to be available for testing for me to be interested.

9. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

reading more, the better outdoors mower seems to have a very innovative height adjust design for the fixed deck. I've always thought they could do fixed decks better.

10. Kingbman1

i was thinking about using it as my main mower, but i only do 10 lawns. I only have a limited amount of money to spend.