Billy Goat Aerator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J&R, Jan 6, 2003.

1. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I plan on buying a Aerator this Spring. Has anyone used the new Billy Goat brand Aerator. Your comments would help. Thanks

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have seen it demo'd. It has an interesting concept, the way the wheels are lowered so that you can pivot the machine around. I have demo'd the Pluger aeartor by Rock Solid and that is one awesome, easy to use machine. I currently have a Kees and Bluebird and want to get rid of both of them and get the Rock Solid.

MATT

3. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks on the reply The Rock Solid what was the price. the Billy Goat was 2499.00

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Dont quote me, but I am thinking $2895 and that was PL800 model. In my opinin, well worth the $400 difference price tag. Demo both and then make you decision.

Good luck
    MATT

5. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

ON the subject of aerators, I saw a Turf-Co today. It is similar to the classen but looks alot easier to handle. It has a differential between the two sides and a brake on each side to turn. It also has a spring loaded lift system that seems to eliminate that dreaded heave to get the wheels down. Pricey but I will probably give it another look when the time comes.