Billy Goat Blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, May 3, 2003.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

What is everyone's opinion about the wheeled Billy Goat blowers. Are they good or is Little Wonder still the brand to beat? Billy Goat just came out with a 9 hp Robin model that apparently weighs only 104 lbs. That sounds very interesting.

2. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking at the Billy goats too... My dealer carries both the BG and the Little Wonder.. He said the LW puts out more air power , but you can go to the next size up engine on the BG and get comprable air flow... The BG seem to be better built / constructed in my opinion... plus the BG's have the handle bar mounted control to change the air flow up or down... The LW you have to go down and loosen the bolt to move the delflector , but the LW has the ability to redircet air flow forward.. SO they each have their advantages.. I have a small LW and love it.. use the front air flow feaure quite a bit on smaller properties... But think my next one will be the BG ....with a larger Honda . like the 13 hp honda... ?? a way off though since it's like $1400... bucks...

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I have the BG 10HP Briggs I/C and am very pleased with it. The remote operated discharge chute is a BIG plus, vibration is minimal due to the rubber isolation mounts on the bars, and it's light enough for me to toss on the truck by myself if needed.

The LW may have more brute force, but they're heavy in comparison and don't have the remote chute. If you're pushing a blower around all day on lawns, weight makes a big difference.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup, I have the exact same model and I love it. Especially the remote chute. I use that all the time. It was well worth the money.

5. Darryl G

Just wanted to add that the BG has the ability to move the air forward. It comes with a 90 degree elbow piece that slides onto the main chute. I've only used it once, and it WILL fall off easily on the trailer, so take it off and put it somewhere safe if you ever want to see it again.

6. tiedeman

from earth

that is so funny that you mentioned that because I lost mine last year...

do you know whether or not you can order a new one from the company?

We probably only used it like a half a dozen times last year, but it would still be nice to have it again

7. Darryl G

I'd be willing to bet you can buy one. They probably make a lot of money selling them to everyone who lost theirs, LOL.

8. tiedeman

from earth

LOL...yup probably a lot of people lost theirs. They are so light weight and that little rack that you can set them on...well lets just say that we tried to put the extra attachment in the truck everytime instead of putting them on that rack..except the time that we lost it.

9. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you for the feedback everyone. I already have an Echo PB650 blower and would like to add a wheeled blower. Since I am only doing small residential lots (average size 3500 sq feet) and one small restaurant, do you think I could get away with using either the 5 hp Billy Goat with the Honda engine or the 6 hp Little Wonder? I know the bigger HP units are better but with taxes, I'd be looking at having to spend $400 Canadian more. I'm not sure if that would be smart considering the blower would not be used that much as the the backpack gets most of the work.

10. Darryl G

Joed - To be honest, for lots that size I would just stick with the Echo. I wouldn't even take my BG off the trailer for a lot that size. I'd just use by Shindaiwa EB630.