billy goat briggs and stratton

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ALBsun1, Sep 6, 2007.

1. ALBsun1

ALBsun1 LawnSite Member

Hello, I've got a 33" billy goat mower that has the 13hp briggs intek. I need a new starter, pulley, assembly piece. I would like to find the whole piece and just replace the whole assembly that i took off. I have checked some websites, but not much luck. I guess, i'll have to take it in to the dealer.

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

If you post your engine model and type numbers I'm sure I can come up with a on-line source for the complete assembly.

3. ALBsun1

ALBsun1 LawnSite Member

I don't know, the only thing it says is 13.0 intek OHV. i beleive i bought it in 2005.

4. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

What type of oil do you use in that?? I just bought an 8hp Briggs and I draine dthe oil and did a tune up, but was not sure what type. I bought it used this year. Thanks for helping me.

5. Bill Kapaun

Bill Kapaun LawnSite Senior Member

6. Bill Kapaun

Bill Kapaun LawnSite Senior Member

BTW, A complete assembly is probably $50-60!
    Depending on what is wrong with it, it may be a bunch cheaper to pay to have it repaired.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I use 10w-30 synthetic in my 10hp Intek, it's either that or 10w-40 conventional seems to be what it likes best.

8. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

All Single cylinder Intek's as below;

[​IMG]

Just remember when using multi-weight oil check the level more often, The thinner oil will burn a little quicker.

9. ALBsun1

ALBsun1 LawnSite Member

I don't have a problem with the oil, don't know if i was unclear before, but the string in starter pulley broke, and other issues. i want to buy a starter assembly to replace the current one.

10. ALBsun1

ALBsun1 LawnSite Member

i don't know what is wrong with the assembly, i can still start it with the assembly off by wrapping the rope around the engine starter and pulling, don't know what its called, but it is a pain in the arse, doesn't work evertime.