Billy Goat & Giant Vac 16HP Leaf Loader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wxmn6, May 13, 2002.

1. wxmn6

wxmn6 LawnSite Member

Yes I did searching but find so many variable options that you could just pick one of these. I am wondering whats the difference between the 16HP Billy Goat and 16HP Giant Vac leaf loader? Looking up the specifications on the web site, if I am not mistaken, they both runs on 16HP B&S Vanguard engine.

I think I saw on other thread that Giant Vac has 4 steel blades that could get damaged if get hit by hard object, and that Billy Goat have some kind of poly blades that does not break if get hit. There are some mixed results in the other threads that I could not decide which to go with. Could you please point out the difference between these leaf loader manufacturers? And how is the price for each of these unit?
  2. ShortCuts

ShortCuts LawnSite Member
    from Maine

We use a 16hp Giantvac year round to load the grass from our walkers into our rack body. We love it! we have it mounted on the very front of our 16' masson, it fits perfect under the custom basket we have for it. we have a extend hose that connects to the rack boby which is covered by breathable tarp. The only regret I have is that we did not get the 20/23hp model...that wet grass in the morning puts a strain on the 16hp model. but leaves and dry gras are NO problem.. We use to use Barrels to get the grass into the truck but that was taking a lot out of the crew. Anyways I'd go with the giantvac w/ the 16 hp vanguard.
    oh.....make sure you wear you ear protection lol it is by far our loudest piece of equipment

I think we paid $2100 for the unit