Billy Goat KD512....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KeystoneLawn&Landscaping, Jan 24, 2006.

1. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going to purchase a Billy Goat KD512, any comments on its performance? Also, does the shredding screen work or is it not worth the added expense?

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

NO, what a waste of money it was. Also, don't get the hose kit, another huge waste of money. The whole thing i shouldn't have gotten!! Good luck with yours.

3. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

The bag fills in a second and then it clogs up. i would get a leaf loader for the price

4. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the KD512SP. It works well for me since I don't like to rake whats left after mulching in the fall. Its a must for hard surfaces! The BIGGEST downside is emptying the bag. I have bad allergies and if I'm not wearing my respirator while using it or emptying the bag I get an IMMEDIATE allergy headache. Plus the bag is really heavy when you are trying to shake the debris out of it. But if you can live with that, it is a great tool. BTW, if anybody in the area of northwest Louisiana is interested to buy mine, which runs, works, and operates great drop me a PM. It's just in time for Spring cleanups! Comes with the hose kit too!