1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Billy Goat kv or wide area vac?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Dixie Bluegrass, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Dixie Bluegrass

Dixie Bluegrass LawnSite Member

Hey guys,
    Was wondering about the billy goat vacuums. I am looking at the KV model and the metal monster wide area vac. I know the kv has a leaf shredder but I don't know about the wide area vac. I have some yards this year that are a dread to clean up. One yard is a steep hillside and puts out 100 bags of leaves unmulched. Leaves were so thick that when we were blowing them they got into several piles as tall as my neck ( about 5 feet deep )
    My question is: Does the kv vac with the leaf shredder better than the wide area vac?

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Your going to have to to dump your vac pretty frequently with that many leaves.

Could a bagger on a mower be a better option? You would get more use out of it than just a walk behind vac.

With my mower, I leave the tube off, mulch the leaves a couple of times, then bag them up.