Billy Goat Lawn-vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jtrice11, Nov 3, 2005.

1. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have a lawn vac, like the push or self propelled kind? Thinking about buying one, but I'd like to know if they are worth it?

Any opinions would be appreciated. They look slick.

2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Used them a long time ago on dethatching jobs (in Texas), seemed like a waste of time/money. Got it done quicker hiring a kid to rake into piles. Seemed to take a long time to get the bag open, and emptied. They do a great job of picking up debris though.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

a dealer of mine talked me out of one about 4-5 years ago. He said that it wasn't worth the money

4. leading edge lawn service

leading edge lawn service LawnSite Member

I use one for cleanup at my homes in developments. I have actually gotten a few repeats from it because they had never seen anyone use them before and liked the fact that the clippings were cleaned up neatly.

5. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Ive got my billy goat. It works great but have to agree with the first poster that the bag can be a real pita! And when the leaves are too thick then i just use my little blower for landscape beds and rake the yard. Next year im hoping for a big backpack blower or wb blower. But, i deffinatly like mine and have made alot of money with it.

7. flam41

flam41 LawnSite Member

they are great, we use two. same as above, I have gotten jobs off mine as people have never seen them. anything that sets you apart is golden~