1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Billy goat lawn vacuum bought of craigs list.(what can you tell me about it).pics inc

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smcunningham, Jan 29, 2008.

1. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Actually I traded a paslode trim gun (I listed on craigs list)with a value of 75$ for this vacumm.
    It runs pretty good, the woman who I got it from works @ the mva and it belonged to the mva and she purchased it from them before it was auctioned off...she tried to use it but she said it was to hard for her to push around her yard.
    Anyways, does anybody have any experience or specs on this unit...how well does it/did it work for any idea how old it is?

billygoat leaf vacuum 001.jpg

billygoat leaf vacuum 002.jpg

billygoat leaf vacuum 004.jpg

billygoat leaf vacuum 008.jpg

billygoat leaf vacuum 007.jpg
  2. smcunningham

I think its 5.2 hp does that sound about right?
  3. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like it sprung an (OIL LEAK)..?)
  4. smcunningham

It looks worse than it is because where the oil residue is it then gut leaf dust on it....I think ..........time will tell...I got a 5.5 honda that will bolt rihgt on if need be....
  5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I don't know much about it, but I do know that you got a good deal.
  6. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

I had one and mainly used it for cleaning out landscape beds that were difficult to blow leaves out of or had really wet leaves. When I used mine I had no place at that time to dump leaves in compost, so it was a pain to empty the BG bag into a large plastic bag to have hauled away.
    It is a fairly slow way to pick up leaves so try it out and see how you like it. If it doesn't prove to be what you want, clean it up good and resell for more than what you paid.
    I eventually took the engine off (quit running) and mounted a wheel barrow on top for 5 wheel drive! lol
  7. themowerman

themowerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Looks like a LB Series. There should be a label with the model and serial number on it.
  8. smcunningham

Thanks guys for the replys
  9. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a Billy this year for $800 and it was a great investment. I did over 5K in leaf clean ups this past fall. They work great on small yards 4K or less just pull them over lawn (leaves great stripes if you pull). Most yards we blew leaves (Red max 8001) into street hammered them with the Wright Stander and then sucked them up with the Billy and dumped thm in a pile and used a mulch shoval to bag them. The nice thing about the Billy is it would sucK up all the major stuff and then we just blew the street (dust) and it looked perfect. This method also got us a ton of business because the neighbors wondered why we messed up their street but when they saw the Billy and how we made it better they wanted it done in their yards too. If yours runs you got a great deal!
  10. smcunningham

I changed the oil and put a new plug in it and air filter and gave it a bath....Once it warms up a little bit a touch up paint job is in store for it. I played with it for about an hour and it ran great.