Billy Goat Lawn Vacuums

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by docshank, Mar 3, 2000.

1. docshank

docshank LawnSite Member

Has anybody used the Billy Goat lawn vacuums for picking up hickory nuts and acorns? I have a few lawns that are literally covered with nuts in the winter, and the customers always want them removed during spring cleanup. I've used a backpack blower to windrow them, and then put them in a wheelbarrow to haul them away. I was just wandering if the lawn vacuums would do a better and quicker job.<p>----------<br>Doc Shank<br>

2. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

The Billy Goat is a waste of time for nuts, acorns, gumballs etc. When you come up with a system let me know.

3. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

Make a large bed under the tree, flowers, bushes,etc.

4. richard

richard Banned

the billy goat will pick up anything on a flat surface. mine picks up fir branches,cigarette packs,leaves,dirt,newspaper,soda cups,and other debris....it is king of hard surface now get out on the turf and you can't get the nozzle down as close but it will still stripe a lawn in late fall without stressing the grass...

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I use a Shindawa power broom for acorns,best tool that I have found for that job so far. Work them into a pile and shovel them up.

6. pete

pete LawnSite Member

Check this out. http://www.cifarelli.it/eng05.html<br>The first time i saw it i thought it was cool. I was going to get one and use it to do general clean up work but it seems that its not practical for what i had in mind. Anyways this might be the ticket for you.

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

LOL They have a blower with a 5hp 77cc engine. Thats a beast.

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

A easyvac bagger will vacumm up any thing on any surface. Problem is that you will have to tape up the hoses and eventually replace them. Because hard object hit them like a bullet on the way to the cart. And at 20$ a foot for the black hose....