1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Billy Goat Leaf Vacuum

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ztrguy, Mar 2, 2006.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

Who uses a walk behind Billy 24" Goat Leaf Vacuum for leaf cleanups? Please let me know your reviews on this piece of equipment. Is it worth it? Do you use it exclusively for leaf cleanups or do you use it with a leaf loader/box setup?
  2. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

Anyone use a walk behind type Leaf Vacuum???? If so, how does it work? It says it can clean 21,000 square ft per hour. What do you think?
  3. cush

cush LawnSite Senior Member

They work good on pavement but not in grass. they start loosing suction when the bag gets half full. I bought mine primarily for a HOA to get the streets and gutters. A blower and leaf loader would be much faster.
  4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We use ours for the same tasks as Cush. Not very effective on grass, but great on hard surfaces, especially picking up small litter and cig. butts.
  5. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one and it works great, even in the grass unless you are trying to pick up thick pine straw in the grass. The only drawback I see is that emptying the bag is a major PITA - its heavy and a very dusty job. But when you gotta have one you gotta have one.
  6. Kilroy

Kilroy LawnSite Member
    from KY

Same here. Wouldn't be without mine. I adjusted the height level adjuster on mine so the vacuum nozzle is about 1 inch from the ground when set on the 2nd lowest click. The 1st lowest click is for vacuuming driveways/sidewalks. Nozzle almost touches pavement. Never had a problem overfilling the bag. HTH
  7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Ours was too slow for us.
  8. Stafford Landscaping

Stafford Landscaping LawnSite Member

We use ours for General clean up and after mulching. Ours has a chipper on
    it but it doesn't really work that great if you have one little tree branch it's ok
    but if you have alot it's just easier to throw them in the truck. It also has the hose attachment and it does work excellent in getting around shrubery and hard to get places.