Billy Goat Loader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blades of Steel, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like its time to buy something before the end of the year. I am looking at this and was wondering if you have used one or one like it. If so what other manufacturer makes one like this. I am looking at the QL2300KO.

http://www.billygoat.com/frame_truckload.html

Blades

:blob4:

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I bet that works fine! How much is that going to set you back? I bought the Lesco 16hp this past spring. I cannot comment on how well it works with leaves, but I used it for bermuda and zoysia grass that I scalped. It suck that grass as fast as I can move. I intentionally tried to clog it and could not. Bare in mind that this stuff was fine and dry. I am sure that the unit you want to purchase will shine when sucking up wet leaves.

MATT

3. Blades of Steel

Lesco? I have not looked at those yet. Before I purchase I wanted to get everyones opinion first. Do you know of any other brands?

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Giant Vac makes a great leaf loader. They have several options for mounting also. :cool:

5. walker-talker

from Midwest

How much is the Billy Goat?

There was a manufacturer of debri loaders.....Hi-Way Vac....was they're name. I think they had the same engine on they're units as the Billy Goat and they were having a closeout. Last spring they still had units left and were selling them for right around $3100 if I am not mistaken.

Here's a pic....you will have to do the search to see if they have any units left. The Lesco unit I bought retails for $2200. I only paid $1500 because it was taking up space and they just wanted to get rid of it.

leaf vac__hi-way am-23.jpg

6. walker-talker

from Midwest

Here is a pic of a Lesco...it's the same model as mine, but this set-up is of another member here.

total lawn leaf box.jpg

7. Blades of Steel

walker-talker,

I haven't got a firm price from my dealer. However, list price is 3999.00, I personally think that is a little steap. I like the fact the Billy Goat can be mounted in the bed of my truck and blown into the trailer from there. These others wouldn't offer a large enough capacity if I was to blow it into 8 ft pick up bed. I am thinking I would have the engineers at work design the bed mounting hardware for the Billy Goat and blow into a 6 x 12 ft trailer. I plan to raise the sides of it to 7ft tall. That would allow me to work most of the day and not have to dump.

Watcha think?

8. walker-talker

from Midwest

How much do you have to spend? Billy Goat sound a little steep...yes, that is why I went with the Lesco. There was a thread on here that stated that the Lesco had the highest CFM rating for that size of engine, but I can't say for a fact.I spent $3K on a grain truck last year and modified the bed to 6ft. I picked up the truck off Ebay.

How did you plan on dumping the debris out of the trailer?

3 pics of grain truck.jpg

9. Blades of Steel

I was going to mount a sheet of 3/4" plywood with 2 x 6's framing at the front of the trailer hookes to a pulley system connected to a 12 volt winch. I have it designed in auto CAD but am waiting for the structual engineers at work to give me the okay on the pulley design. I figure if I have them look it over it won't be a crap shoot.

Blades