Billy Goat mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hmp7212, Mar 2, 2007.

1. hmp7212

hmp7212 LawnSite Member

i'm looking for a small(32-36in),affordable walk behind. You think the Billy Goat 33in is a good choice. Have about 25 lawns for use of it.
  2. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

never, used one but i looked at one once. just by looking at it i said no thanks. pretty cheaply built in my opinion, just didnt look as strong as other walkbehinds. if you watch the videos on their website, it looks like it has a hard time keeping the front wheels on the ground, looks awful light in the front end. check out the quick36 at betteroutdoorproducts. or if you want a real 36 inch mower get an exmark tthp, or scag dual hydro mower. just my opinions dont hold em against me.
  3. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

oh yeah, if you want affordable get the Quick36, or any of the big brand beltdrives, of cours the term "affordable" is relative.
  4. sensor419

sensor419 LawnSite Member

Spend some time looking for a used commercial walkbehind. Last fall I bought a 2005 Toro 36" Proline belt drive that was purchased new in July 2006 and used commercially for 3 months. I paid $1500. With some patience you should be able to find a good commercial mower at a reasonable price.