1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Billy Goat Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eazysgirl, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Eazysgirl

Eazysgirl LawnSite Member

Does Anyone have any Info on Billy Goat Walk Behinds?
  2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

well, no, but your name got my attention, and i just wanted to say hi.
  3. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

We have one where I work. A walk behind brush cutter. Pretty durable, has a 11hp Honda pullstart. The throttle cables and blade clutch cables leave a little to be desired. The front skids wear fast, although we operate in a lot of sand so you may have a longer life span on them than we did. Belts and cables are the only items replaced so far.
  4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

What bobby's trying to say is male or female :D
  5. how do these handle hills.
  6. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

have no idea, its pretty flat down here, but some of our guys have run em on the sides of ditches without too much trouble. They have power and grab and go they say. Sorry I cant be more help on the hills.. I dont drive em. I just get to pick up all the pieces and put it back together!
  7. Eazysgirl

Thanks Guys, I'll just have to see for myself .
  8. Cut This!

Cut This! LawnSite Member

Which model of Billy Goat are you looking at?

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

I own a billy goat brush cutter the first 10 min is fun. they do make a good looking 24in walkbehind. The cost is 1200 no sulky:cool2:
  10. Eazysgirl

It's the Countor Self Propelled High Wheel Mower 24', 6.5 HP. All of our lawns are very small. What we call Villas. Picked it up for 800.00. Didn't think that was bad . plus needed a mower .Had a 50' Graverly.Way to Big for what we do.