Billy Goat MV

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Poncho25, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

Well I just purchased one of these because mainly of the hose system it offered. Well its a piece of garbage!! Most of the parts are plastic and can warp very easily I would see over time of closing and opening the main intake. Also the way the MV is built it has about a 1/2 inch opening when closed for the vacuum system and thats spread across a 33 wide machine, thats a big hole and alot of lost suction. On the one I got, it was almost an inch gap, and I brought it back to the dealer and we even took the bar off to try to close the gap and could not. I am waiting to hear back from the dealer who took pictures of this and waiting to see if Billy Goat stands behind their products to offer a full money back satisfaction. I will just get the older model that you have to put the plate on the bottom to get the hose to work. The MV would have been a great idea with the bagging system change and the ease of use, but honestly if they put a bit more thought and $$ into the design of it, I think it would have been much better. All in all, I was very disappointed in the product and I was very much looking forward to using this on quite a few big jobs I have for cleaning out flower bed areas that are full with leaves.