Billy Goat thingy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tbarchaser, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

We just bought out a fellow lco here in florida and the biz came with this billy goat vac contraption, 5.5 honda .

What would I use this thing for in florida? I guess it would clean the shop floor pretty good?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

leaves, sucking bush clippings out of beds, sucking up mulch. Thats about all I can think of.

Does it have a lot of power? I know it's 5.5, but does it have good sucking capabilities?
  3. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I rented one of those this past spring, It was terrible for picking up leaves. Would not do it again.
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is what I was thinking, heck the dealer even told me when I was looking at one 3 years ago that is wouldn't be worth my money. The dealer told me this
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Quicker to backpack them out of the beds and tarp them or whatever. As far as the unit rolling and picking leaves up, a pushmower actually does a better job, because it grinds them up further. The suggestion about the shop isn't a bad one, though.
  6. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

Pavement, sidewalks, and driveways of large properties.

I had one that I used for homeowners associations drives. Since they were off the public streets, no public sweeping services were provided. It was up to the associations to keep the street gutters and asphalt areas clean for obvious appearance and drainage.

Also I used it for commercial property parking lots and walkways. Those properties not big enough for a regular sweeper truck, but big enough to have a mess.

My Goat worked awesome for it.

Once a month, and weekly in the fall, BP blow everything into the gutters (or close) and run that baby around the streets at fast walk pace and wha-la, they were clean as a cows udder after milking time.

Not worth a damn on turf however...And that hose may not be too useful. I never had a hose like that (well at least mine isn't metal at the end).....:D

If you have parking lots and large parking areas, you will like it.
  7. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Used em, HATE em! needs a MAJOR re-think job on how they're made!