Billy Goat Vac"s???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by N.H.BOY, Sep 4, 2007.

1. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone used these billy goat vac's? They look nice to run, just wondering if they hold up well with wet leafs and hold alot of them. I have already checked the site out already, but wanted to hear feed back from you guys. THNAKS......might be paying one for the fall.
  2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

If your talking about the truck loaders then yes they are great, mine should be here this week. But as far as the push type I dont know, my Little Wonder vac is a waste of time IMO. It will clog seconds after sucking up wet leaves and I cant imagine this type of set up for any manufacture would be any better. I would buy the biggest back pack blower and a bunch of tarps before I spent the money on one of these again. But in all fairness to Billy Goat I have never used their's, but would be interesting to hear some feedback.
  3. bigtex

bigtex LawnSite Member
    from ma

tailgate mounted ones and trailor mounted ones only. the push type are no good. i'm surprised some of these commercial names even bother with the push types. not fessible for commercial landscaping. hold nothing and take all day to suck up and keep empting the bag. if you can put a leaf box on your truck, the tailgate model ones work great. (with at least an 11hp engine) - blow'em on the tarps, drag'em to the truck,
  4. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea I meant the push ones, I have backpack blowers and have done the tarps and all, but was wondering about the push vac's. I have a 8 hp billy goat push blower, but want to speed up the process.
  5. Michdeere

Michdeere LawnSite Member

I've had a couple of the walk behind vac's. They work perfect for running curb pans to clean up cigarette butts and papers. Not a good idea for picking up a lot of leaves though.
  6. screensnot

screensnot LawnSite Member
    from MI

I worked with a friend last fall, who had 2 BG push vacs (one was self propelled).

They were pretty solid machines, with the exception of the zippers on the bags. I hope they have done something about the zippers, like get rid of them entirely, because they really suck.

We got a lot of use out of his machines last year. They are perfect for small yards.

Usually what we did for the small yards was, blow everything out towardthe middle of the yard, mow with a grass catcher on the w/b or a bac-vac on the ZTR, then use the Billy Goats to put on the finishing touch.

The Goats make a great stripe, and that caught a lot of attention from customers, neighbors, people driving by and then suddenly wanting to be customers! And the guys had some fun making some cool patterns with the stripes.

For larger yards there is no way you'd want to spend the time pushing the Goats around the whole yard, so they might only get used if you need a little spot touch up here and there.

Oh yeah, in case I forgot to mention it, the zippers suck real bad. If the other parts of the Goat are 1/4" links of chain, the zippers are a paper clip. How's that saying go? "A chain is only as strong as its weakest link." I hope someone from BG reads this.
  7. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

I have a painful lesson I learnt with Billy Goat. I also thought they would be great and all but after buying the VQ wide area vacuum(it's on their web site listed as the king of vacuums! :laugh: ) I soon found out, in less than 1/2 hour that is didn't suck worth a darn. And the god, get rid of much work and dust in the face. Anyways, I bought a Little wonder for $1,100 and it comes with a bag that's easily emptied.

What a difference... the VQ-$4,500 versus the Little Wonder-$1,100. The little wonder worked great. We use it whenever possible. It has a few minor problems but overall I'd stay away from Billy Goat. I did try to talk about the machine with Mr. Force from Billy Goat, but he just blew me off with blah blah and more blah. Lesson learnt and one expensive machine sitting in storage doing bugger all...:cry:

8. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries LawnSite Senior Member

NH Boy,

You could consider me biased so I recommend you ask your dealer for a demo. Let the product speak for itself. You know what you want it to do and you know what you are willing to spend. If there's a match, great! buy the product. If there isn't don't and keep looking. There are people who assume a product will fit their needs without demonstrating it before they buy it. Sometimes those customers end up with buyers remorse and there's little that can be offered to them.

If you get a KD series I can send you a prototype bag at N/C to test and let me know what you think. The MV series also doesn't have zippers either.

We are a privately held family owned company that's been around for just under 40 years. Please let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you. That goes for the rest of you as well.