Billy Goat VQ Debri Vac

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by AUWarEagle, Apr 2, 2008.

1. AUWarEagle

AUWarEagle LawnSite Member

Hello, I'm looking at possibly purchasing the VQ debri vac and wanted to hear any feedback on the unit...Pros???? Cons??? I just want to make sure I'm making the right purchase....Thanks for any responses.

Chris

2. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries LawnSite Senior Member

First of all what's your application? Like all products there are things it does very well and others to steer away from. With that being said, even if it sounds like a good application, I STRONGLY recommend getting a demonstration before buying anything.

Please let me know if there are any other questions I can answer for you.

3. AUWarEagle

I've got 2 Grocery store parking lots to clean once a week...That would be the main application for it. I thought that since it had the 33in Intake it would work faster than some of the other units. I also liked the door would open up for can's or bottles. Do you think this would be the right unit for my application?? The lots are approximatley 250x250 maybe a little bigger... Thanks for any info. I know that my dealer does not have this unit for a Demo. They don't even carry it in Stock. They would have to order it!!

4. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

That sounds like a good application. I'd add the chariot and ride behind the unit. The Peerless 700 transmission can handle that all day long. Your dealer may not have the demo but the distributor should. That's one of the services they are supposed to offer the dealer. Have your dealer ask his distributor rep to bring out a VQ for demo. If you have any trouble let me know and I'll work it from my side.

You might also consider a wheeled blower. A wheeled blower will clear 5 to 20 foot swaths (depending on hp and conditions). Use the wheeled blower clear the parking lot blowing the debris to either the center or the outer edge. The use the VQ to actually pick up the debris. It will save an enormous amount of time versus having to vacuum the entire parking lot 33 inches at a time. You could also consider a smaller vacuum (MV or KV) if you decide to go with a blower and a vacuum.

Just a different way of looking at it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

5. Digdug

Digdug LawnSite Member

I am also insterested in this model. Have the same situation . What is a asking price for these ? I didnt find that on Billy Goats website. Thanks, doug

6. AUWarEagle

Thanks for the information and the advice on the lot MR. Force!!. If I do get the lots as I'm expecting I'll check with the dealer about getting a demo from the Disturbutor. Thanks again!!! I'll be in touch, if it works out and leave some feedback on the unit.

7. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

The list price for the Briggs 10 hp is $3,029, the Honda 9hp is $3,239. Please let me know if there are any other questions.

8. Digdug

Digdug LawnSite Member

Thank you, for the answer. I would be using it to clean around curbs that have sand, bark chips, & trash. It would be used almost daily for 8 months of the year , on multiple lots. Is this the right machine for what i am trying to vacuum up?
    I am concerned about the dust coming from the bag that i read somewhere is a problem. I see you make a extra bag cover that i would use , but will this machine still be a dust bomb? Thank you for your reply in advance. doug

9. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

The drier the dustier. Also run the RMP as low as you can and yet still pick up the debris you are going after. This will reduce dust. Most people run them at full RPM because that's how they run lawn mowers, but that's not necessary unless you need the addition RPM to create additional suction power. It sounds like a good application, however, get a demo to make sure it fits your needs.

10. Digdug

Digdug LawnSite Member

Thank you, i will be trying one out. Doug