1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Billy Goat VQ vacuum

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Green Boys LawnCare, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Green Boys LawnCare

Green Boys LawnCare LawnSite Member

Has anyone used this piece of equipment:

I am considering purchasing it for serious leaf cleanup in backyards. I have a Cyclone Rake, but can't get it through most gates hooked up to my zero turn. I'd also like to use it to cleanup acorns and sticky balls.
  2. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

Did you buy it? I'm condering it too and am worried about the bagging sytem. I love the velky option as it would be great for a college campus we currently cleanup. It's miles and miles of sidewalks, millions of cigarette butts and in spring, tons of rockchip after winter.

Let me know if you got it and your impression of it... :)
  3. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

I ordered the Billy Goat VQ Monday. Buying site unseen due to lack of demos in my part of the world. Here, it seems very few units in the vacuum line sell so dealers don't stock them in inventory.

From what I've read on the net in last 5 days, the VQ by Billy Goat is one of the only real serious vacuums. Beats all other lower horsepower ones hands down. I've also heard that the M multi vac by Billy Goat also has real good vacuuming power. Can't test it though so who knows. :)
  4. trying

trying LawnSite Member

Has anyone had a chance to give the Billygoat a try?

How did it do for you?

SELANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

I Have A Billy Goat Vac I Love It The Only Down Fall Is The Bag Drags The Ground When It Gets A Little Weight In It And Its Cause A Hole In It If You Order One You Can Get A Better Bag With A Pad Built Onto It To Prevent This Problem I Have Just Ordered This New Bag I Hope It Does Better Then The Last One This Machine Does Awesome On Fescue Lawns
  6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I used a friends 13hp Billy Goat last season and it worked great. I bought one this year but just getting around this weekend to making the leaf box.
  7. trying

trying LawnSite Member

What types of debris does it pick up besides grass?