1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Billy Goat vs. Lesco truck loader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dfor, Sep 18, 2001.

1. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I've done a search on this and only found a few threads. My only question is: is it worth the difference to spend an extra $350 for the Billy Goat 16 hp vac.? $2250 vs $2600. Thanks.
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

vs. the lesco 16hp?
  3. The Lesco is by far a better built one. Much better setup. Much stronger set up. Plus I think the Lesco has a Kohler instead of B&S. I would say $350 well spent.

4. mdb landscaping

ive seen a lot more lesco vacs out there then billy goats. im not really familiar with either though. have you considered giant vac too? they are a real reputable brand.
  5. [​IMG]

I have a Giant Vac 3001. Might be a little big for ya.

6. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry. Yes, the 16 hp BG vs. the 16 hp Lesco.
  7. mdb landscaping

LGF, how many yards of leaves can you get into that truck? that is one of the sweetest leaf set ups ive seen. a guy in town has a set up like you and can haul a ton of leaves.
  8. TruGreenDedLawn

TruGreenDedLawn Banned

WOW Now thats the schiznit of leaf vacs. Is that 4 guys in the picture. Which one is you? How many pounds does that truck hold? How fast does that vac suck up the leaves? How well does it mulch the leaves? How high does that box go?
  9. It hold 37+ yrds of leaves. it will pack them in to. that's size of box yrds.

28,000lbs carry weight

registered for 42,000gvw

suck them up as fast as the 18" suction tube will allow

12.5' from ground to top of box

that me closest to front of truck

mulches them up more, after we use vac on mower to pick em up off lawn.

I think they call it an 80 mesh tarp. I would suggest getting one.

there were six guys there. we did 17 lawns in one subdidvion that day

10. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

You need to buy one to fit the truck you are using. A 16 HP is a lot of truck loader. I have used an 8 HP Giant Vac on my 3/4 ton pick up with good results. The bigger the HP the more suction. A 16HP on a pick up truck might blow the truck down the road when you throttle up. Watch out when a stone goes up pipe!!!