Billy Goat vs. Little Wounder

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AndyTblc, Feb 11, 2007.

1. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

What would you guys get. My neighborhood is looking to pitching into buy a comminuty walk-behind leave blower. We are going to get the biggest blower that they offer that everyone would be able to push, we are looking at either an 8hp or 10hp, but I'm leaning towards a 10hp. If we would go with the billy goat it would be the force blower. But I would like your guy's opinion on which one you like the most and what would be more reliable.

2. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking for the biggest blower??? Wouldn't that be you?:hammerhead:

3. AndyTblc

Ha Funny, thats probly what the people are that go into walmart everyday and look at the same stuff all the time.

4. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking into gettting the 10hp or 13hp and my past 2 wheel blowers were billy goat. I really don't like that the billy goat force is plastic, I don't care what any company says, plastic is plastic. At least if metal dents it can be fixed pretty easy, if plastic breaks it's done. I'm not sure how billy goat will warranty the plastic if it breaks and for how long, but if they don't go back to metal my next blower will be a little wonder. Maybe plastic is ok for a home owner model but when it goes on and off the trailer for 8-10 hrs a day and gets bounced around during transport I don't see the plastic holding up very long. My feeling is it's a cheaper product then before, and I'm not paying over $1000 for plastic. I am very happy with my billy goat 5hp and 9hp but I'm not convinced about the plastic force blowers, if they were not plastic I wouldn't think twice about another billy goat.

5. AndyTblc

But the force isn't the only big one they have, they have the bigger one that is all metal, I don't know what it is off hand. What does everyone find easier to start and handle?

6. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I would get the one with the swivel bottom piece.

7. AndyTblc

Would you also recomend on where you can switch so it blows out the front?

8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Very well said, we have two of them.:cool2:

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I definitely second that.....I don't think they have it in the plastic one but I would wait until they did. We have the 13hp Billygoat with Honda engine and like it a lot. I wouldn't worry about the plastic.....I think the Honda mowers are some type of plastic and never hear about anybody cracking them.

10. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

fradan blower are made in CT, and alot guys here run them, they are awesome, not sure if you have them in the midwest. they are light and powerful, smaller than others too, they blow!