1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

billy goat?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mbsausage, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Mbsausage

Mbsausage LawnSite Member

anyone have the 33 finish mower? if so how is it?:)
  2. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't own one but I have demoed one for a week. I did not like it very much. It side discharged very well but was not very good at mulching. The drive system was very weird. Sometimes, the unit would just lurch forward or not come to a complete stop. The controls were not very comfortable and the Briggs Intek engine was very moody to start and sucked up fuel like there was no tomorrow. All in all, I would not reccomend the unit. Look at the Quick 36 or Ferris Hydrocut for better alternatives.
  3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I own one. My guys like it more than our Toro 36" T-bar walk-behind. It is a perfect replacement for a push mower. We have several properties where our 36" mowers just won't fit. The billygoat has the same footprint as a push mower. It is really short for a walk-behind. We have only put about 30 hours on ours, but so far so good.

As far as mulching goes, it mulches leaves really well, but it does better discharging grass. The controls are a little awkward, but anything is better than a push mower. I like the Briggs motor. It is really smooth and easy to start surprisingly. Hopefully it will last awhile. One problem we have is it will not cut really low. I am not quite sold on the cut of the mower. I think mine just needs a little adjusting. I have seen another billy goat cut bermuda extremely smooth w/ minimal scalping so I feel like it should be capable of an excellent cut.
  4. Lawnworks

from usa

Oh and I paid $1000 for mine new. What are the prices you have on them?
  5. Mbsausage

Mbsausage LawnSite Member

i saw 1600 for a electric start on ebay, not many dealers around here carry them. im still looking
  6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I had a billy goat once, until he started crapping on everything. Oh...you meant a mower...sorry:eek:

Walker & Goat.jpg
  7. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Dude that's funny.

Btw the billy goat finish I hear isn't worth it. Get a quick 36.
  8. Lawnworks

from usa

Great to hear first hand experience!:rolleyes: