1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Billy Goat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gaither, Jan 18, 2006.

1. gaither

gaither LawnSite Member

2. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Ive never used one but Ive seen alot of them on trailers around here. Just seems to me my walkbehind with a bagger will do just as well...IMO
  3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I have one. We mostly deal with oak leaves here, and it wont get the leaves that are in st augustine grass too well, too thick and not powerful enough. But if you blow the leaves onto concrete it is great, or if its a sparce lawn. its also good for commercail properties that have islands that are a pain to blow, like a car dealship. Easier to just suck the clippings up sometimes and just blow the curbing.
  4. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Bought one (used) a few years ago used it a couple of times and promptly put it up for sale. IMO - not suitable for turf applications - why? - Underpowered, slow and plugged frequently when twigs were encountered.
    If you have a lot of time to play around you might find this equipment useful but if you want to 'git-r-done' grab a rake and a tarp and think of all the money you will save.

5. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

hey Gaither,
    I just sent you an Im.