billy goat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tramahor, Mar 12, 2003.

1. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

Ok guys did a serch but did not find an answer to my question. I am looking for a commercial lawn vac. So far I am only aware of billy goat. My question is what brands are out there and what do you recommend. I am looking for a strong vac to suck up leaves in fall and waste after dethatching. Thank you in advance for any usefull info. how much hp should I get?:confused:

2. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Banned

I use a 5.5 HP Billy goat. Honda. I call him Billay. Buy an extra bag ($$$) as the zippers tend to break after a while. They're great for smaller leaf piles, street clean-up, etc.

3. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

:rolleyes:

4. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

;) Ive got a billygoat its a 90yr model and is a chipvac, I only use it on a few accounts such as banks, stores, small sections of the streets, ect It does a great job for cleaning up the lots.....Marks Mowing Service

5. Yard Vac
    MacKissic-Mighty Mac
    Yard vac was a commercial machine, haven't seen one being used for years.
    MacKissic sells a lot of equipment to rental shops, don't know how they would stand up to daily use. I rented one of their stump grinders, not bad, but not great.
    But the only vacuum I have used is the Billy Goat, a 5HP, I use it for thatch vacuuming and leaf clean up on small yards. Not good in heavy/wet leaf work. As lawnboy 11 said, have extra bags, I use 5. When zippers wear out get replacements from boat supply dealer.
    If I was replacing I would get self propelled and as much HP as possible.