Billy Goat's New 33" Mower. What do you think?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Dec 14, 2003.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Billy Goat will be bringing out a new 33" mower next spring. Check it out at www.billygoat.com It seems similar to the Troy Bilt and Sutech 33" Wonder if would be alright for light duty commericial work.

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Man what would you do with out the cup holder on that thing. Im guessing that the blade tip speed is a little low.

3. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

looks like a Sutech Stealth, ed

4. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Ed, I was gonna say the same thing. As I remember those stealth things were junk if I read the reviews right!

5. Hog Hunter

Hog Hunter LawnSite Member

The blade tip speed is around 18K. It is not a Sutech. It is completely designed and made in the US, by and for Billy Goat. The only thing it has in common with the Sutech is the first glance looks. It's as long as a standard 21' but will cut a 33 inch swath. It's designed for entry level commercial, light duty commercial, and high end homeowner. It is a well built US made machine that needs to be seen to appreciate the quality, value, and ease of mantainence. Like all of their products, it carries a one year homeowner, commercial, or rental warranty.

6. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

The only thing I see that doesn't look very durable are the handle bars. They look very cheap and flimsy. What is the $$$$

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, it looks as much like a Sutech as an Encore looks like an Exmark. They're similar in appearence but they're definately not the same mower.

8. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

MY local dealer has one now in stock 1599.00 The main thing I see is the front wheel spindles seem a little on the light side.

9. Ngog_Nrythrng

Ngog_Nrythrng LawnSite Member

If it is designed to the same level of quality as the Contour (do a search on my review) I would say "Run Forest! Run!"
    :angry:

Hey Hog Hunter: Where/what-with do you hunt hogs? I have been to Granger w/a bow, snuck around some public land with the ol' Win '94. How about yourself? Also, are you a dealer in the Georgetown area?

10. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

well...looks like somthing that i am going to have to take a closer look at. Still am in the dark as to what I am going to be able to use to cut this upcoming season. Cant seem to find many decent machines for under 2,000.00:(