Billy Goats

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eddie B, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I was at my dealer a few days ago picking up my toro when I came across a Billy Goat FM 3300 33" cut Walk-Behind. The price is $1,750 for a new one. He's willing to sell a demo for $1,000. (I deal with this guy a lot and get decent deals here and there). Here's the model on the Billy Goat website: http://www.billygoat.com/mow-finish.asp . Has anyone used these before? My 48" bobcat ransomes is too large for some fenced areas, and the ol' 28" Snapper isn't pulling its own weight. My 48" has the 17HP Kawasaki engine and it takes anything I throw its way. The Billy Goat has a 13HP Briggs... Should I step up to something else? I'm just looking for a small belt-drive WB that can take the beating. What do you guys use? Fill me in! thanks

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Man that looks like a real machine and the price 1k i say go for it.

3. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I think there was a discussion a couple of weeks ago.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=76917&highlight=billy+goat+33"

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

The BG33" discharge poorly and mulch even worse...One LCO around Here who runs a Fleet of Troy-Bilt 33"'s bought 2 & Returned them a Week Later for more TB's...Dealer had 4 Come Back in the Spring because of Poor Discharge & Handling....Beware.

5. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I don't own a billy goat, but a local lco who used to have one returned it after 3 months...

6. cmillionaire

cmillionaire LawnSite Member

i would look into a quick 36. it is single drive hydro 36". you can get a new one for $1995 includes shipping and no sales tax unless in nc. just my 2 cents :cool2: