BillyGoat 33" ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Happy Gardner, Oct 2, 2005.

1. The Happy Gardner

The Happy Gardner LawnSite Member

I've been looking at the new BillyGoat 33" mower and was looking for feed back. My thought is to replace my 24" Hondas. What I like is for my crews that run out of a truck only (no trailer) It would fit and give a larger cutting area.
    How it does in the rain is the most important thing to me.

2. dbrockner

dbrockner LawnSite Member

It cuts awesome in the rain, 19000 fpm blade tip speed.

3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

4. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking through a Billy Goat brochure, and saw a pic of their 33", and it looked to me that you could only adjust the cutting height in the front. Am I wrong? That would seem kinda cheesy.

5. Jake's Lawn Service

Jake's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I demoed the billy goat finish mower and it was crap!!!!There was no lock on the inside wheel when you went to make a turn so it pulled me around and gave me blisters. They might have changed because I demoed it last year. But it is still crap

6. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

that is one of the reasons I went with the quick 36.

7. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

it has a lawn tractor style rear end(differential).you have to turn it manually.it is awefull on side slopes.

Ron

8. The Happy Gardner

The Happy Gardner LawnSite Member

Thanks for the feed back! In regards to the 36" I already have a couple Xmark's but for the crews running in a truck only they take too much room. That's why this was an attractive thought. It looks like I'm going to get an opportunity to demo on in a couple weeks.
    so we'll see!

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Go to betters web page. take a look at both videos. It is very informative. If i was going for a 36, it would be the Quick 36.

They have a deal going on that if you get the super duty, for a special price you get a bagger and something else??

John

10. ALBsun1

ALBsun1 LawnSite Member

So you are going to put this unit in a pickup truck? Using ramps i assume? I have one of these and am not that crazy about it. It serves its purpose on some lawns. It gives a nice cut on flat lawns, but like someone else said, it doesn't hold a hill well at all. Also, tons of wet grass will accumulate under the deck and it will need to be scraped all the time. It is also a bit jerky when you engage the drive. If i had the chance to do it again, i probably would have just bought 2 toro prolines or a 32" belt walk behind with that $2000 i spent on the goat. One good thing though is that the engine is 13hp which is pretty good for a relatively small mower. Good luck.