billygoat finishing mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by malliso, Sep 5, 2004.

1. malliso

malliso LawnSite Member

just wondering if anyone out there could tell me about billygoats 33 in ch finishing mower......how good they are and the price

2. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Billy Goat 33". I love it. I made my own stripe kit for it. I am going to try to attach a pic.

3. malliso

malliso LawnSite Member

very nice whatdid u give for it

4. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

1600.00 It dont take up much trailer space either.

5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

How about a picture of the stripe kit on the mower. I bought one this past April. After setting it up w/ doubles, and readjusting the trans belt guides so it can be pulled backward by hand, I like the mower. I also learned that the Briggs motor doesn't like to be choked after the first start of the day, I've flooded mine a couple of times. Mine stripes nice without a stripe kit.

6. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I got to try the Billy Goat 33" mower for a couple of weeks last month. Not a bad machine. It has a lot of potential. It left a great cut in side discharge mode. Not sure about mulching or bagging. It's compact size allows it to fit into a lot of places and takes up little space on a trailer or truck. It takes a while to get used to the control levers and having to push down the lever to release the brake wears out your hand. The Briggs engine is strong but finnicky. After its first morning start, don't use the choke when restarting otherwise it floods the engine. We had to adjust the speed control levers because the unit was jumping right into a gear's top speed without a gradual increase. Overall, the unit has a lot of potential but needs to have the kinks ironed out. I also wish that there was a different engine choice such as the Kawasaki 9 hp unit that was offered on the Sutech model.

7. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought the Billy-Goat cloth side bagger for my FM3300. I put doubles on the Billy-Goat and it packs the bag real tight. I am very happy w/ the bagging performance of the mower. It side discharges real nice too.