Billygoat leaf loader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tom c., Dec 22, 2007.

1. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

Hey have any of you guys used a 11hp billy goat truck mount vac at all?Can I get any opinions on it? I need to improve my leaf loading operation cause bagging sucks!! Is the 11hp honda enough? Im a small operation generally 2 guys and small to medium properties. If I can get some guick feedback theyre trying to sell it in the next two days Id appreciate it Thanks and happy holidays
  2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

It will work fine.........but as with anything more HP will mean less time and less aggravation when leaves are wet.....
  3. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

it will be ok. I have the 11 trac vac and it crushes the leaves. I have put it beside the billie goat and it beat it up pretty good. The billie goat is def built better but lacks the cfm in the smaller models to really gobble up the wet stuff. If you are looking into these smaller models look for cfm in the 2700 range.
    It will get the job done tho.
  4. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have that unit, been using it for several years. We do a lot of jobs, & the fan being smaller, usually needs to be welded & repaired each year. That being said, it works ok, replace the liner every couple yrs as it wears out as well.
  5. Frue

The trac vac?
  6. brownsallseasonlandscape

brownsallseasonlandscape LawnSite Member

I just got rid of one 18hp briggs billy goat and took my other one off the trailer because the leaves around here are not drying out. We owned the older one for 3years and it was an awsome machine. We bought a 27hp little wonder that is a beast!!
  7. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I like the lil honda for average size jobs. Now if you have over 5 yards of debris per place go with a larger machine. I can load our 7 yard dump in 30 min of mildly wet leaves.
  9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

You may consider sending nobagger a pm and asking him. He bought a new one this past fall. He had posted pics of it in the pics forum as well! Personally, I hae the HTR with a 16hp on it and like the machine but I think I might be going to a larger little wonder trailer unit next season!
  10. Frue

you have had trouble with the fan? Please explain I just bought mine and only have one season on it. It def worked great this year tho.