Billygoat loader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerbrad, Oct 25, 2008.

1. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I found a billygoat truck loader for sale about 15 minutes from me. It has a 20hp briggs engine electric start with a 10" intake hose, I think it is a "quiet loader"? It is hooked up to a trailer that he fabricated that has a small leaf box on it. He told me he bought it in 2000 for $4000 and only used it for about 3-4 years. He got a new one last year so this one had to go. He said it works great and so did his employees. He is asking $1500. Anyone know anything about these?

2. 2low4NH

2low4NH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NH

they work great i have an older 11 hp billy goat it packs leaves in the truck very well mine has an 8 inch intake which is a little small but still moves alot of leaves. you will want it on a dump trailer or dump truck. the mulch the leaves up very well. it will improve your profits on clean ups alot

3. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

I wish that was closer. I'd jump on it. take a look at the impeller
    to see how wore out it is

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

if you tell me where to find it i will let you know what i think and how it works.

5. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

you can get it and lease it to him or me if ya want to ship it to va

6. mowerbrad

I am going to assume that this is a pretty good buy as many of you guys would like to get it for yourselves. I would like to get it a little cheaper than $1500. Does anyone know how those briggs engines are on those?

7. mowerbrad

Anyone else have any thoughts about this loader?

8. mowerbrad

I was able to find the owners manual on billygoats website for it so I was able to look at some of the specifications for it. It actually had a 12" intake hose. I had thought that it was a 10" only.

9. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

it seems like it would up your productivity a lot. and the price doesnt seem too bad either

10. mowerbrad

I was able to get some further information from billygoat about the loader. I really wanted to make sure that this model didn't have any major issues that would give me problems. Billygoat said that there are no issues that they are aware of with this model. Unless I find out something bad about this loader I will probably buy it in the next week or so.