Billygoat mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Aug 9, 2005.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Are these things commercial at all? I went to a dealer and saw one for 1500. Has anybody used these?

2. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

The only Billygoat mowers I've seen are the big brush-cutter mowers. They are made for chopping down TALL brush, not for regular mowing. Usually, I see these at rental stores. For instance, someone has a lawn that is 2' tall and you know your commercial mower won't cut it. They don't do a good job at a finishing cut. They just get the brush down to a mowable level.

Now, they may have come out with a regular mower recently. But I've only ever seen the kind of Billygoat mowers that I mentioned above.

3. S man

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I saw one when i went to pick up my eXmark. I could only think, who would ever buy that, commercial or homeowner. I think i may have even asked the dealer the same question but was too excited about my nice mower to listen to the answer. I would NEVER even think about buying one! Just my 2 cents!

5. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

Horrible cut. Asked a similar question here on LS but the price had me interested. Demo'd the thing and took it right back!

6. Morningside

Morningside LawnSite Member

I just bought the billygoat 33 inch finish mower. I love it! great cut easy to steer. Gas tank is too small. Belt driven. I only use 21 inch toros but a few of my yards are a little to big for a 21 so i bought the 33 billygoat and it eats um up. I dont know about the brushcutter though. Worth every penny.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I gladly pay thousands extra just to have the t-bar controls of a toro.

8. S man

I wonder what the warranty is on it if you use it commercially?