Billygoat Tkd512sp

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by metro12, May 1, 2007.

1. metro12

metro12 LawnSite Member

This would be my first lawn vacuum purchase. I mostly clean 1-2 acre lots so I'm looking for the most bang for the buck. Does anyone have any personnel experience with this model? I prefer more simple designs. This unit looks tough.
    Are there any links to independent reviews ? How is the chipper feature. Can i chip small limbs all day or is this just a part time feature?

Thank You,

Rob

2. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries LawnSite Senior Member

Rob,

I think I'd be considered biased but I can answer some of your questions. First of all what are you trying to pick up? One to two acres can be a whole lot of leaves in certain necks of the woods.

As for chipping, it's a two inch intake. It can handle them for most folks with no problem. It's designed to handle the twigs and small braches you'd find while vacuuming a yard and a little more. I've used it while cutting back Crepe Myrtles as well as many demos. If you've got more chipping to do than this a dedicated chipper may be in order.

Ask your dealer for a demonstration. If he doesn't have a demonstration unit his Distributor does.

Let me know when you get a chance or if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

3. metro12

metro12 LawnSite Member

Drew,

Good evening. It would be mostly leaves, I pruned the trees so the branches will be minimal. I plan on vacuuming frequently in the fall so the leaves won't build up. I have a small chipper as well but its a nice feature to have in the vacuum so i don't have to lug the chipper along. Is there anyone you can recommend in CT to demonstrate, I tried Knights but they do not stock your product lines, it has to be ordered? Your company's reputation is outstanding so if this model is sufficient for 1-2 acres , I trust your opinion.

Thank You,

Rob

4. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

Rob,

Honestly, the 1 to 2 acre lots has me a little hesitant. That's a lot of turf to cover in 28 inch swaths. It's not that the product can't handle it. It's that you may end up spending so much time covering that amount of ground and emptying the bag that as a commercial cutter it may be unprofitable. For smaller lawns, (1/2 acre) this can be operated more efficiently.

Have you considered a wheeled blower and truckloader combination? Yea, it's more expensive but it saves a whole lot of time versus a walk a behind vacuum for large lawns. Obviously, bid the job accordingly.

I'm in the process of finding a you a local dealer that sells Billy Goat.

5. metro12

metro12 LawnSite Member

Drew,

Good evening. I have an echo backpack blower that has been working wonders. A lot of the property is very hilly and dense with trees so a wheeled blower won't even get in there. My plan was to blow the leaves on to the flat surface and suck it up with the billy goat. I don't mind emptying the bag frequently, it beats manually bagging it. Please forward recommended dealers in CT once you research.

Thank You,

Rob

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I had i think that exact same model......do yourself a favor and buy a WB blower and a BP blower.

That is for the homeowner who can keep up with their leaves on a daily or every other day basis.

7. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

After reviewing local dealers for you. Knights actually sells Billy Goat products. They've got a QB554HC blower as well as 2 FORCE blowers one the floor. The other dealers you can go to is Mid States Tractor in Middletown CT., 860-347-2531, ask for Braz. If neither have one for demo have them set something up with their Distributor to get a distributor demo in for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions or problems. Thanks!

8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

IMO, from everything I've read on here, the "lawn vacuums" don't work very well. You'd be better off using blowers to get the leaves to a central location where you can collect them. Or put a bagging system on a mower and go that route.

Mr. Force, any new word on those truckloaders that suck up phone books and chickens:) I don't see anything on BG's website yet...

9. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

I don't know anything about what you're talking about.:rolleyes: Seriously, the DL will get on the BIlly Goat website in a couple of months. There are currently a couple units in the field getting some testing. Do you have any questions about the DL?

10. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

haha.

No biggie, I think I mistakenly thought it was already out. I'm patient, I can wait... No point in asking questions if it's not available for sale yet:)