BillyGoat Vacuum question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, Mar 28, 2006.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

You guys running BG vacs on hard surfaces, what model are you running??

I've got a chance at a BG1002, that's been used one time, for about $1200???

I think it's a little steep, but what do I know??? Until 3 days ago I was going to use a generator pulled on a little wagon hooked up to a shop vac to suck cigarette butts up. :laugh:

Anyways, I know a couple of guys responded they use BG (NOT BobbyGedd) but Billy Goat Vacs, and if someone has any recommendations for the BG1002, whether or not I should look for the one that's got 3 forward gears or not, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

2. LwnmwrMan22

Alright... I PM'd some of you guys that responded to my previous post that said to get one of these, instead of rigging up a generator to a decent shop vac.

BUT, no one has responded with what model they run, so I'm bringing this post back to the top to see if anyone else has experience with them???

My problem is, do I get the cheaper on, that goes 1.5 mph, or do I get the one that's twice the money, but goes 5.1 mph, is 4" wider, and you can get a sulky for??

I know my answer as far as it pertains to mowers, but I was wondering how well the BG1002 works, if anyone here runs them???

3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealer carries Little Wonder and I demoed the Little Wonder Vac. I sucked up a lot of gumballs and leaves and it did great. The one I used was not self propelled, if you are using it in a large area or if it's not flat I would get one that is self propelled. I dont have any experience with the Billy Goat but the Little Wonder is heavy. I like the Honda engine on the Billy Goat better than the Briggs on the Little Wonder.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I don't know off the top of my head what model i have but mine is the self propeled one. Mine is for sale, it is a great tool. That price you are getting does seem a bit steep.

5. LwnmwrMan22

I'm not looking at the leaf vac though... I'm looking at the hard surface one, to use along curbs at strip malls / gas stations, as an added service.

Curb line cleaning - 3 times / week to get rid of cig butts and paper, NOT sweeping.

6. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Talk to your dealer about a demo.I used a demo of the VQ hard service vac with the sulky and it did GREAT. It is quite dusty and you need to wear a dust mask. But it did a great job. It eats everything: glass, cans, plastic bottles,paper sig butts you name it. Now I just have to come up with $3000.00 to buy one. It beats walking around w a leaf vac sucking up sig butts and picking up large litter. I will be buying one in two weeks when I have the money. This machine will be a great investment . :usflag:

7. LwnmwrMan22

I've got a demo machine, the BG1002 in my truck right now.

It's raining, so when I get back from church, I'm going to head out, and see how well it does it the rain as well.

Hopefully it works in the rain too, that way those rain days aren't wasted like normal, or even mornings / afternoons that get rained out.

I've been flipping a coin over the VQ model, with 5 mph, basically the same speed as a walk-behind mower, or the model that I have now, which is NOT self propelled.

That VQ one that you demoed, did it work well at full speed too??

8. Pristine PM

Pristine PM LawnSite Member

I am currently looking into the Billy Goat Vacuum, we plan on using it along streets gutters as well. We can't demo it though because Billy Goat says that they cannot sell a demo unit that could have a dirty bag... they wanted us to buy a bag to demo a unit... We are not sure what the best model would be for us, we want something that will save us time, and suck really well. What models would you recommend for street cleaning, leaves, garbage, but not spending 3k on it...

Jon

9. Pristine PM

Pristine PM LawnSite Member

bump, in the hope that someone can give some advice on the billy goat.

10. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I have a ton of convenience stores and I bought a Snapper vac for mine. It works great and only cost $700 new. The added bonus are two Magnolia trees in my front yard. This is dusty work and be sure to watch out for oil dry they put out. You don't want to get that stuff in your lungs.

DSC00775.jpg

DSC00847.jpg