Billygoat vs. Little wonder

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kemmer, Oct 2, 2004.

1. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

Looking into another blower

They are both pretty good, but one of them is lying.

Little Wonder

or

Billygoat

2. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I prefer little wonder because of their high power and quality. Those blowers can last 20 years with proper care

3. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't look for to long at the two web sites but I think the hand controlled air output chute on the Billy Goat looks like it would be handy.

4. Stripe This

Stripe This LawnSite Member

We've purchased 4 Little Wonders in 20 yrs....they are great units. We currently run 2, a 9 hp and 13 hp. If you're in between which engine to purchase, the 13 hp Honda is a monster and well worth the extra cash. I have no experience with the BG blowers, but my Little Wonders make the piles that the BG debris loader chews up.

5. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

I can not say about little wonder but billy goat is a true commercial piece.

6. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Definitely get a Little Wonder!!!! I have a 10 Hp Little Wonder and it is extremely powerful!!!! Little Wonder is the blower to get if you want the best blower on the market!!

7. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a 10hp Billy Goat. I looked at all of them at the GIE show last year, and really liked the Little Wonder. Thought the directional chute on the BG might be something to break easy. Well the LW guys took my name and number to have a dealer call, but never got back to me. My regular mower dealer said he could get me a BG reasonable (I'm thinking $9xx.xx). Boy am I glad. That directional chute works awesome and the unit has been bouncing around my trailer all season and have not broke the chute yet (knocking on wood) and seems pretty durable. It also has a 90 deg deflector to blow the air forward. JMHO Marc

8. kemmer

anyone else have an opinion?

9. kemmer

10. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I have not tried the little wonder but I picked up a Billy Goat a month ago with a 8hp briggs motor used for $150.00. I can tell you that it works great and the only thing that I wish it had was the handle bar control for the air discharge chute. That seems like a nice feature from the billy goats.