1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Billygoat?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, Jun 26, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Its gear drive:p Look at the Better quick 36 om the top of the home page of lawnsite.
    John

3. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased the Billgoat 33" a month ago. I love it. It lays down a very good stripe. I would like to get a pro-slide or sulky for it. Does any one know if there is any attachments of this type. Takes up very little space on the trailer. 1800 blade tip speed. very good cut also.

4. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

JohnGamba. THANKS for the reco!

:blob2:

the Quick 36 really is a great value.

Cheers!

Gary
    Better/

5. John Gamba

from ct

I looked at the billy goat friday, Its nice but not a hydro. Yours is also a personnel pace style hydro and you can get the accelerator bagger. I also looked at the simplicity one thats 36" and its long and it has a home owner deck with NO accelerator bagger available. You also have a 30 return policy witch i could of used on my last mower purchase:mad:

If you do a search they are saying good things about the mower.

John

6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Allot of those Billygoat Mowers Were Returned to My Dealer in the Spring...That 3 Chamber design Couldn't Handle Lush Turf At All & the Mulch Kit was A Joke...Just a Block-off Plate...

The Quick36" Seems to Have a Similar Deck Design & No True Mulch Kit.....

7. PeterA

PeterA Sponsor

Fareway,
    Gary sent me a quick 36 deck to do a catcher fitup a few months ago. I don't know about mulching, but my bet would be that it would handle lush grass pretty well in a bagging or discharge configuration. I was impressed to see the fabricated "tunnel" to allow proper airflow from left to right. Also, the discharge is fairly close to the front edge of the mower (it helps to not have to force the clippings "backwards" as they approach the discharge area). I have not personally used the mower (we only have the deck) but the deck design is impressive.

8. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I Demo'ed a Billy and it is a gear drive and I found it very hard to shift into rev. BUT it does go backwards when it is in rev. which my belt drive does not.

9. John Gamba

from ct

Here! Its similer to the old SFS deck.
    John

quick36tourimage3.jpg

10. John Gamba

from ct

to change the hight seems simple too.
    John

quick36tourimage5.jpg