Billygoat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowforMoney, Sep 16, 2004.

1. MowforMoney

MowforMoney LawnSite Member

Since Fall clean up is coming I was wondering about getting one of those billygoat vacoums. First I want to know if anybody has one of them, 2nd I would like to know what is the diffrence between the debris or trash picker upper to the leaves one. I wanted to use the bigger one, but it says its for garbage and stuff. Lastly How much do these cost.

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have been thinking of buying one for vacuuming leaves mainly on hard surfaces. The Billy Goat KD Pro Lawn vacuum runs about $1000.00 at our dealer. I would also like to hear from someone that has used or owns one. We are planing on renting one before making the purchase.

3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I use one on small Apt. parking lots...Works OK for Unorganic Debris....Quick Vav to make it Look Pretty....On Turf They Are Garbage....

4. MowforMoney

So are you saying even the ones that are ment for turf won't even pick up leaves good or is that the one that is ment for garbage

5. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

None a meant for Turf...Don't Use them on Turf Period...

6. MowforMoney

gotcha thanks a bunch, do you recomend any of those types of machines, or getting an accelarator for your commercial mower how do you think that would work Does anybody use any of those

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

A dealer told me before that the vaccums are a waste of money, so he talked me into a push blower instead. That was approx 4 to 5 years ago and I still use the Billy Goat blower. One of my favoriate pieces of equipment

8. MowforMoney

Does anyone use one of those accelerator type of baggers, I was wondering how easy they are to take on and off your mower once you have it installed on I just barely squeeze my mower on my trailor as it is so i would have to take it off after every job, but if it is easy its no biggy

9. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

10. MowforMoney

does this do a good job on leaves i mean like real good I was thinking about getting one of leaf season, but only if they get 99.9% of all the leaves