bily goat price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Movinfr8, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 LawnSite Member

Hi, this is my first leaf season, and I found a used 2 year old billy goat in the local paper 13 horse Honda, starts and runs well. The lco selling it got a larger one for apartment complexes as well as a 6 acre property for a very famous local businessman. What would ba a fair offer? he is asking 1450.
    Also, he has several residentials he will not have time to do the leaves on this year, and I may be able to do them for him, and help pay for the loader.
    so what should I pay for the leaf jobs also?
    Norm

2. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer is getting $2500.00 for the billy goat!

3. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a big engine. I have used a 5.5 hp honda Billy goat for years and it is a great machine. The 5.5 should only run around 950.00

4. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

3999.99 for the 16 hp around here

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

wow, the prices have gone up over the years. I got a 10 billy goat about 2 years ago and only paid $1100.00

6. Just get a walk behind vac.

Sells for $999.99 around here
    extra $125.00 if you would like the chipper with it

7. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I believe Movinfr8 is talking about a leaf loader and not a blower. For a 2 year old with a Honda, that seems like a good price. Maybe he'll take less.

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Ask him how much revunue those residentials bring in. If you think this is good deal, then offer full price for leaf loader if he gives you the jobs. If not, then offer him a couple hundered less.