biostimulants

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by richard, Apr 1, 2000.

1. richard

richard Banned

what are everyone's favorite biostimulants? i am about to test one i've never tried it's called LAUNCH what other humic products does everyone use?

2. steven Bousquet

steven Bousquet LawnSite Member

biopak plus from plant health group and bolster from lesco have worked well for us

3. fireball

fireball LawnSite Member
    from ne Pa

Bolster from Lesco and Roots from UHS. Soak your annual plants with these products 2 days before planting and you want lose many due to transplant shock and watering. Doing it the day of planting won't do you any good

4. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello, <p>I just talked to the sales rep from PBI gordon and he talked me into trying a bottle of launch too. <p>I'm gonna test it on a area of grass that has been giving me problems for a long time. I'll give you a call back later to tell of the results. <p>By the way, what type of price did you get. I think I'm getting 2.5 gallons (enough for 10k ft at full strength) for around 50.<p>steveair<p>PS- the rep told me that you don't need a pesticide licence to spray it. Is this true?

5. steven Bousquet

steven Bousquet LawnSite Member

test show repeated app at lower rates work better than one heavy dose,just a note. $50 for 10m sounds high. but a 2gal of bolster is $90 treats 2.5 treats 80m. with good results

6. steveair

Hey steve,<p>sounds like you have used bio's before. Is what I am trying to do sound like a good idea or should I just think about something else. I figured it was worth the 50 bucks to at least try it. The grass is growing along the stretch I want to treat, but not very well. I want to get it up to par before I get a lot of weeds (and also I have people asking, &quot;everything else grew nice, but why is that one spot........?&quot; <p>The sales rep saw the spot and said it was a perfect situation for it. Now, I don't believe everything the sales rep says, but it sounds like a good idea in theory. <p>I just don't want to stimulate weed growth instead of grass growth, or worse, stimulate no growth.<p>I will have to investigate prices later on. I'm new to this, so I just wanted to test the waters. If I like it, I will have to try<br>the bolster, if it is that much cheaper.<p>Also, the sales rep did say that I should apply at about a half rate. He said the same thing you said, now that i remember. Just skipped my mind I guess. My memory isn't so good, thats why I write everything down. <p>Also, what kind of rates for new lawn installs. He said full for new, and about half for rennovations. (I'm getting my mind back now). Does this sound about right. Now its hard because its a diff't product, but just asking.<p>steveair<p>

7. steveair

Just got the launch today<p>I was reading the label and it says to use 34 oz per thousand. Something does not add up yet with the label and the area covered that the rep gave me. I'll have to investigate more tonight. <p>Your right, it also says to reapply about 14 days later for optimal results. <p>Gonna buy a new backpack sprayer this week just for it. Don't want to mix it with the other ones we have for roundup and trimec. I'll have to calibrate it out and then give it a go.<p>As for the price, I was wrong. He gave me a price for a whole case...2x2.5 gallons. It's only 25 for the 2.5 gal. They messed up on the quote over the phone.<p>steveair<br>

8. richard

richard Banned

i have used alot of roots products and they are quite good...quite spendy too. now i use their Fe 8 with another humic product made local...out west we need lots of moly and mg. anyone ever try formaldahyde in the spring with scu?