Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hermanator, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Hermanator

Hermanator LawnSite Member

Okay guys...... no bull s^it now...... How many of you pay the manager under the table for your commercial accounts. To secure them I mean. I know not all of you do or all of them take them, but I know there is a % of both. What say you?
  2. Mowman16

Mowman16 LawnSite Senior Member

No comment here :D :D :D :D :laugh: :laugh:
  3. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

Does mowing there lawn for free count as a bribe????
  4. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen many guys go down that road. I chose to never ever get into that game. Eventually it catches up to you and your name becomes mud.

5. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

lunches, dinners, drinks...... Ill do everything except hard cash to smooze a possible commercial client. For the most part these companys are looking for the best work at the best price, that usually does it for us.
  6. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

i'm gonna be a wiener and ask, "what's a biribe?".:jester:
  7. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Never paid one. You must be up north.
  8. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

I worked in industry maintenance for over 20 years. I see Baseball tickets, Football tickets, you name it, Gift certificates in xmas cards, inside tips on whos bid is lowest. Happens all the time aint no way of stopping it. Sooner or later you come realize its how the system works.Sad but true:dizzy:
  9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I never have, but when I was in WI and worked for Coke we were giving away 2 packer tickets for a display. If your single and you have 2 football tickets, you can get anything, anything at all.
  10. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Makes the world go round!!