Bit of constructive critasisum

Discussion in 'Great Dane' started by pinnacle, Nov 1, 2003.

1. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

#1 People talk about the paint on the GD's alot (being no good)
    It aint the paint!............the paint is great!..............Its the prep

My dealer has told GD about the blemishes on the units that havn't even been used and have been only sitting on the floor for 4 weeks. They said the 04' have been rectified.................So my dealer orders 3 04' LX's and 5 weeks later they are going rusty in some places.

Guys!.............The paint is fine!................you need to talk to the guys in production about the prep!!!!!!! I have been to a automotive painter about this (gold license and in the industrie for 30 years) HE SAID ITS THE PREP FOR SURE

The paint/surface rust is an issue BUT I LOVE the preformance ( and thats what really counts)

The GD product is great....you just have to get onto this "Blemish" issue.

Don't get me wrong I think GD mowers are up with the best commercial machines on the market!!

Also.............Charoits cutting hieght is 6 to 1 inch.
    Don't put the "6' " cutting height in if the belts rub when your cutting at this height.

LOVE my machine..............Just a bit of "Constructive critasisum" for you to consider...........................arfter all we use em day in day out.

BTW: dam I wish there was a spell check in here.............Sorry.......................I never was any good at english at school.

2. djp

djp LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Pinnacle,

You are right, it was the prep. We have rectified this issue but remember there are still units in the field and there were a few units still in inventory. We appreciate hearing from people who use these units day in and day out. You guys are our bread and butter. Keep telling us what you encounter as you use our equipment. The feed back is important. We appreciate your use of our products.

Thanks for your support!!!!!!!!

3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you know what the problem is and you fixed it and you also know you have some units sitting on the showroom floor with bad prep then why don't you recall those units or sell them at a discount. This sounds like bad public relations to me.

4. djp

djp LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Not all units were bad we actually had very few units with the problem when you consider overall production.