Bit the bullet today. Tell me how i did

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Landscape Maint.Services, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Landscape Maint.Services

Landscape Maint.Services LawnSite Member

Well today we were out cutting and we were going along great with out 1990's era 36'' ransome walkbehind. Gradually it started slowing down and came to a halt, engine was screaming, bladdes were whirring, but the damn tranny locked up from an lack of oil. Well what did i expect from an 300 dollar walkbehind. Well as some of you may know this is a mother/son owned/operated business, she has been in business for 18 + years using a 21'' push mower, god bless her. Last year i came to her with an idea to expand and get real with it. She also worked part time so we started out this season together with a new 6x12 trailer two walkbehinds and a brand new redmax weedwacker. We got the used older walkbehinds first to make sure everything went well and that we took off like we thought we would. Now since she worked part time till 1pm everyday , we only worked for 5 hours a day tops. Well as of tuesday she quit her part time job and we are so backed up with work its not even funny. Mulch jobs, cutting trees, mowing, commercial, residential, cleanups, ect ect, Tons of work ,literally. We even have to turn down work, it seems like we get a new customer every week. Well back to the story, after todays mishap, which happened around 2pm, i said look, we cant use this old crap anymore lets go buy a brand new Z mower. We headed to the nursery and they had a brand new toro timesaver 5000 for 2800 otd with a bagger, not quite what we had in mind but it was decent. Then we went to Home depot, they had a brand new gorgeous cub cadet for 2999. i thought we were leaving with it until the depot man came over and said if we did commercial to not even waste our time with it. His works were go get an exmark. So we went to lowes, they had a deere and a toro mustang, not quite what we wanted either. Finally we went to a lawn equiptment exmark dealer. They had a brand new exmark Lazer Z Hp, we got finance for 79 a month and plan to pay it off before it starts charging interest. We got it for 6700 OTD. What do you guys think. We have a new commercial account thats 200. a week , so we gonna use that 200 a week/600 a month to pay for the mower.:weightlifter:
  2. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

Thats cool man, good for you! What size HP did you get?
  3. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Congratulations. Glad to hear things are going well. Make sure you keep up on maintenance and you'll get many years of use out of your new mower.
  4. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Nice did! What engine? And with that price u didnt get a bagger?
  5. Landscape Maint.Services

oh yeah forgot its a 50'', we wanted to make a dent in the commercial but also wanted to stay monuverable (sp) on some of our smaller residential lawns.
  6. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry... I just can't read long posts with no paragraphs.... us older folk get crooked eyes when attempting to read run on paragraphs.
  7. Landscape Maint.Services

it was 6300 before taxes. Why did i get a bad deal? dont tell me that.
  8. Landscape Maint.Services

im gonna delete this thread i re created a new one thats easier to read. sorry bout that guys, i guess i was too excited