Bitter Ex Employee Issue

Discussion in 'Employment' started by milsaps118, Aug 12, 2011.

1. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

I just fired a guy for poor performance and failing a drug test. Long story short, he went on craigslist and posted a bunch of false ad's ranging from free stuff, help wanted to things for sale. He listed my phone number and now my phone is blowing up with text messages and calls. I went onto CL and flagged everything I could and reported to cl.

What can I do and should I go the cops?

2. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

fight fire with fire

3. milsaps118

I would but I don't want to stoop to his level of being so childish and immature.

4. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

Tell the police someone actually went to jail for something like this.

5. kilman

kilman LawnSite Member

call the cops its called phone Harassment...... Harassment covers a wide range of offensive nature.It is commonly understood as behaviour intended to disturb or upset, and it is characteristically repetitive. In the legal sense, it is intentional behaviour which is found threatening or disturbing.

6. milsaps118

I'll be filing a police report. I printed off all the fake ad's he posted, saved every text & voicemail I got from people responding to the bogus ad's.

7. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the police report is a good idea, just wondering what kind of hard evidence do you have that he is the one posting the ads?

8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

by court order, Craigslist would have to turn over the account information and IP addresses....

9. kilman

kilman LawnSite Member

each posting that he did is a charge of phone Harassment

10. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

just call the bastard and tell him you filed a police report and craigslist is turning over all account and IP information ... he sounds like a pu$$y he'll probably stop immediately ... especially since he failed a drug test he doesn't want the cops poking around