Bittercrest and Henbit

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by clallen03, Mar 12, 2007.

1. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

Is Three-Way any good on these and other spring broadleafs?

2. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

3-way with alittle surfactant works great for me, some times i add a dash of quicksilver for faster knockdown
  3. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

This time of year, the best thing for mature henbit is a lawn mower. New plants are much easier to deal with. 3-way sound good.

Is the grass greening up in your area?
  4. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

unfortunately, this is right.

and, if you are like me, 90% of the calls i get are to kill the henbit, etc. I saw some data that showed 10% control of deadnettle (same genus as henbit) with Triplet. The only thing in this study that had any control of the deadnettle was Escalade II, a three way growth regulartor, and I'm sure quite expensive.
  5. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

The grass is my area hasn't started to green, that is why the henbit and bittercrest is looking so bad.
  6. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm from the north, and not sure of warm grass but i use an ester based herbicide like cool power or lesco 3-way ester. people say speedzone is good also, but i haven't used it. also, i think speedzone has a herbicide for warm season turf. anyway, the cool power kills the henbit with one app young or hardend off.