Biz Name

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mcwlandscaping, Feb 1, 2006.

?

Which name should i go with?

1. MCWLANDSCAPING

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. MIKES LAWN SERVICE

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I think i want to change the name of my operation from "mikes lawn service" to "mcwlandscaping" after hearing a friend talk about it today with me, made me realize that i think it is better for a name. Opinions? Plz vote.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

How will that be pronounced? as one word? or as separate letters, M C W Landscaping? It all just runs together, you can do better I think.

3. Newbie07

Newbie07 LawnSite Member

Wow, i talk to you all the time and i dont know what MCW stands for, but i vote for that, sounds more professional, but what do i know, im the one who asks you fro advice EVERY day lol:p :p

HAHA so i got some more questions for ya tonight....:p hahaahaha

See ya man
    Travis :waving:

4. mcwlandscaping

Pronounced like:

Say each letter M-C-W (they are my initials) Then LANDSCAPING at the end

5. jtdservices

jtdservices LawnSite Member

Hey there M C W .........just starting my business here in rochester area. I like the M C W better than the mikes lawn care, sounds better. question for you? if you know or hear of any used equipment around could you let me know? mowers, etc, I am using my f150 to start and just bought a 99 12' landscape trailer with new ramp,has rack in front for tools, and equipment and holder for gas cans etc. hey send message sometime always nice to know people in the area, jtdservices@verizon.net

6. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Mike I agree, I think that MCW sounds better. The "Mikes Lawn Service" and "Bob's Lawn Service" etc. are many. Some would say a persons name gives it a personal touch and will give customers the warm fuzzies. Others will say a more professional name is better. Bottom line is which do you like.

7. SPLC

SPLC LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

Be careful about changing your name from 'lawn service' to 'landscaping'. This could significantly change your business. If you do predominantly lawn care now and plan on switching to landscaping, great. But if you do lawn care mostly and plan on keeping it that way, I'd shy away from landscape in the name. Your name has to reflect your business. What category of the phone book will you be listed in? Just a few things to consider.

8. mcwlandscaping

Bump, thanks for the posts guys

9. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Mike pal, no offense, but they both stink. I'll prolly pizz off a few here, but I think "Joe's Lawn Care", "Fred's Landscaping", or even using your initials kinda lacks creativity. Put a little more thought into it and come up with something more unique and creative.

JTD - I'm in Wakefield. I have a used bobcat hydro 60" w/b if you're interested.

10. mcwlandscaping

No offense taken, i am open to constructive critisizim (im sure thats not spelled right!!)