black and white flyers!?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by adam5557, Mar 21, 2005.

1. adam5557

adam5557 LawnSite Member

Hey guys i am just starting to pass out flyers and i have a nice flyer designed but i am keeping it black and white but it still has all my services on it and 3 free lawn cuts with signed yearly contract and free estimate..have you ever tried black and white?how much should i expect to pay to have it printed when it use s a full sheet of paper? any suggestions appreciated thankks

2. chambers 38

chambers 38 LawnSite Member

This is my first year and right now I am printing a black and white flyerÂ’s to pass out on to car's and other open shopping centers and what not, The only resign I am doing this is for two resign's
    1; its very cheap for mass printing

2; I have broacher's that are full color and everything else that I have to hand out when I meat the cust it in full color and Very neat professionally done

I am just trying to get my name everywhere I can so I can get customers

So ya black and white is OK but I always like to have something to back it up when you meet the customers in full color and nice and neat!!

The more you look professional the better YOU will do, ALL my customer's love the way I present my self and professional look.

3. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Why the heck would you offer 3 free lawn cuts? You have any idea what the gas prices are going to be this year? Rumor has it that its going to be between $2.50 and $3.00 a gallon. I dont know how you expect to make any money with that offer. In MI your lucky if you get 30 cuts in the whole season per customer.

4. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

atleast put the flyer on color paper. That is what i do and I get atleast a 1.5% return on them.

5. SCW

SCW LawnSite Member

black print on bright yellow paper - works great

6. andersonmowing23

andersonmowing23 LawnSite Member

Thats exactly what I was gonna tell you, put it on bright paper

7. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I did mine B/W printed on bond paper. Looks pretty good. There is a huge difference in B/W to color.

8. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Three free cuts is a ton. I don't offer any discounts! Haha.

9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi adam5557,

Good for you. What ever you can do to get your company name out and the services you offer is a great thing. Maybe put together a website with full color before and after pictures. Have your website on your flyer?

Here is a B&W flyer that you can download too if you need more ideas.

[​IMG]